This was a copy of a shirt I wear all the time. It was about time that I copied it.
This is the first version, in a fabric that is a stretch shirting with a really nice drape.
It didn’t fit. Too tight across the upper chest and too small armholes. *sigh* Not sure what I will do with it. Maybe I’ll just throw it in the bin with all the other clothes that I can’t fit into right now. It has a lot of company.
The next one I made wider across the front upper chest and increased the armholes. I still needed a little more, so I redid the pattern when I finished it up. Luckily, I had enough of the fabric left to make another one, since I really like how this fabric drapes. It is a weird one. It is like a stretch shirting, but very much not cotton. A thin synthetic shirting of some kind. I know it will get a lot of wear this summer.
I will be making more for sure.
In other accomplishments, I hemmed these linen pants I bought at a CAbi show. Their inseam lengths come in something like 30″ or 35″, so I took about 1.25″ off the length. Luckily the lining was short enough that I didn’t have to rehem that, too.
I also made a tester top and continue to work on costumes.
Two weeks left….eeeeeeeek!