Well, last week I managed to accomplish quite a bit. I was a pattern drafting fool! I made the first three below during the week, and the rest on the weekend. I cut them all out on Saturday after volleyball, and then sewed on Sunday.
- Short summer dress for me
- Maxi summer dress for me
- Skort muslin for me (mostly fit…needs some tweaks)
- Dress and leggings for the girl
- Shorts outfit for my grand-nephew
- 3 baby blankets
I also have another dress and leggings set cut out for the girl with some vibrant sugar skull fabric. This one is not as twirly as the one I made this weekend, but still a full circle skirt. I am going to do an HTV sugar skull on the front, so that is the docket for this evening. Hopefully I can start working on it, too.
Next to get pictures of them all worn!
Here are the baby blankets that I made with my tutorial.
The middle one has been claimed by a fellow volleyball mom. Her (current) youngest plays with my girl, so this baby was a bit of a shock to them. They were counting down the days to being empty nesters, but now they are looking at daycare and ordering a crib.
Baby’s are joys and all, but man, would that put a wrench in retirement!
I like to put a fun quilting cotton on one side and then a nice soft minky.
The other two are going to be headed to a women’s shelter on Pine Ridge Indian reservation. It is a charity that I donate to regularly, so I will get a box filled to send their way.
This week I will try to get pictures of what I have sewed up so far. First up will be the dress I made the girl. It is SO CUTE. We both agree. 🙂