Well last week was a bit of a bear. I worked until 7pm each night, and worked most of the day on Sunday. By the time Monday rolled around again…I was very tired. Luckily I had a bunch of outfits made up in my closet, so it was a bit brainless just to pick something to wear to work all week long.
I do that occasionally, where I put together outfits along with jewelry and tights, all hung up together and ready to go. This really helps me in getting ready quick or picking something before I go to bed at night. I usually do it when I’m in the mood for it and have some energy, so that means I get a bit more creative and fun instead of putting the same things together all the time.
January 8, 2018
A start to another work week…livin’ the dream! 😉 I had a bit of running around this day, so I wanted to be comfy for it.
- Cardigan – Double sided ponte, my own pattern
- Straight leg leggings – heavy weight ponte, my own pattern
- Top – RTW
- Boots – Miz Mooz via Zulily
- Jewelry – Stella & Dot necklace, earrings are a gift
January 9, 2018
- Black ponte 4 gore skirt – my own pattern
- Knit top – Jersey and stretch lace – my own pattern
- French terry jacket – RTW
- Boots – Coolway via Zulily
- Jewelry – Necklace: gift, earrings:
January 10, 2018
- Red Jersey top – my own pattern
- Plaid skirt – my own pattern
- Ponte jacket – RTW CAbi
- Boots – Sketchers
- Jewelry – made by me
January 11, 2018
Another comfy outfit! This top is a cape top I made over a year ago, and these types of tops are hard to wear with sweaters. It is a nice drapey jersey, so I thought I would see how it would work to manipulate the cape a bit and have it kind of tie in front. I think it worked out alright.
- Cape top – jersey – pattern hack
- Red ponte straight leg leggings – my own pattern (no blog post)
- Black sweater duster – RTW via Zulily
- Black Miz Mooz ankle boots via Zulily
- Jewelry – necklace: JcPenny, earrings: Silpada
January 12, 2018
Last day of the work week…Halleluiah! The first few weeks of the year are always a bear for us accountants with year end close and dealing with those pesky auditors. I used to be a pesky auditor, too. So glad I no longer have that job!
Plunging temps again today, so needed to be warm with another of my loom knitted scarves. I haven’t knitted one in almost a year, so I need to finish the one that is my loom right now.
- Loom Scarf – made by me
- Leggings – suede scuba knit, my own pattern
- Sweater – RTW
- Earrings – Gift
- Ankle boots – Mi.iM via Zulily
January 13, 2018
Today was Christmas takedown day, so I started the day in a pair of leggings I made from interesting fabric and my baseball mom tank top.
January 14, 2018
Today I ran out and went to the fabric store while the boy was at his pitching clinic. I spent way too much…again. So much for my resolution to NOT buy fabric…or at least curtail it.
- Top – made by me, WBM Basic builder shirt hack
- Fleece leggings via Zulily
- Boots via Zulily
- Earrings – a gift
Not sure I will have the energy for doing this next week. I feel like I am coming down with something..hopefully I stay clear of that awful flu.