There are a pair of stretch jeggings I have where I really like the fit of them. They are kind of straight leg leggings, and I wanted to copy them for awhile now. I finally got that done this weekend.
When I copy a RTW item I own, I turn it inside out, cover each pattern piece with the sticky Press and Seal, and then mark at the seam with a Sharpie.
Once I have the pieces, I put them on a big piece of paper and cut them out with a seam allowance. I was going to do the waist a bit different and give it more room in the crotch, so I made those changes here as I was cutting it out.
All ready for a muslin.
I knew I wanted to use my scuba suede for this project, but wanted to be sure it would fit first. I used a ponte for the “muslin”, and tried it on along the way. I needed the rise to be a little lower on this for where I wanted it to fall.
They turned out pretty comfy!