More sewing for your’s truly. I think part of the joy I get out of sewing is making patterns and sewing things that fit me. This tends to backfire occassionally when I spend hours making something for myself and then it doesn’t fit. Very frustrating!
Here are a couple of tank tops that I traced off a CAbi one that I own. Unfortunately, the CAbi knit had a lot more give, so these are a bit on the tight side. Not horrible, but not the best fit in the world. More unfortunate in that I used my expensive Spoonflower knit for the pink/yellow one. Oh well. It fits and it matches my hot pink cargo pants rather well. 🙂
If you would like to…you can also VOTE for my top as it is one of the finalists for Spring Top Sewalong at Made by Rae. I’m pretty sure I am only a finalist due to the fact that I designed the fabric, as the top itself isn’t anything inventive. Voting starts at 8 am CST today and goes for 24 hrs. I could win some prizes for sewing stuff. 🙂
(I had to crop it square for the contest, so you can’t see my face in the contest shot)
Then we have a dress that I used my cross-front top pattern with the little sleeves. I added on a band and then 2 circle skirts to the bottom. I did some shirring around the neckline. I really like how this fits and am planning on making a similar dress in black.
Here’s another one of my tummy-tuck pencil skirts. This one is a black twill, and I imagine it will be worn lots and lots this summer. I don’t think it will work well with tights, unless I get a slip. Twill is too “sticky” to work with tights, really. I also need to figure out how to make this top, or one similar. It has a really good shape, but lots of pieces. I bought it at Express last summer.
**While this may look like a summery outfit it was still cold last week….I wore a sweater. And those heels were killing my feet by the end of the day. Clearly, I took this picture in the morning before work, as I am still smiling.
Then here is my muslin for a bra-less summer maxi-dress. It needs some work, not the most flattering, but Anya found it to be a beautiful dress. Probably because it was so poofy. I made it from a striped cotton woven and lined the bodice pieces with a white cotton knit. The back is shirred. Front view…not bad. Side view…look pregnant. I only really plan on wearing it around the house in the summer, so for a house-dress it will work. I definitely will adjust some things on the next version.
As you can tell in the first photo there was a small person in the room bothering me. 😉
I didn’t get all of this done last week. I got most of it sewed up on Mother’s Day when I was given some time to get some sewing done. No sewing happened last week. Just too busy. I’m hoping to get a few things done this week. There’s another little girl birthday, so I imagine she will get a dress like all the other little girls. I haven’t even shown the last one I made yet, either. Hopefully next week will be some little kid sewing.