I love how this turned out! I am a big fan of pink and black together, so when I got this pink watercolor french terry to sew up I knew what I wanted to make.
I used the Domi sweatpants from Sofilantjes for the bottoms. I only had a yard of the pink, so I had to block it up a bit for her height. I used pretty much every bit of the pink between the top and the scrappy stripes. I cut long strips 2″ wide and sewed them all together, then topstitched. Next, I cut out the pattern pieces. This was a lot easier than cutting up the pattern pieces and doing the strips that way.
I was going for a fun dancey-vibe with the pants with the moto-like look at the knee area, a zippered pocket and a htv design.
I added one of my drawings on with HTV. The cut file and jpg is in the Google drive folder linked on my sidebar.
The top has a crossover in the front. I actually ran out of the band length, so it kind of stops in the middle underneath. Luckily no one can see it. 🙂 When putting together this pattern, you have to partially attach the band to the piece that goes on top, sew up the side seams and then finish attaching the band. I first attached it all with a zigzag stitch, serged, then topstiched it. The cuffs on the shirt fold over, kind of like a petal sleeve. I didn’t really get a good shot of them.
Now…I need to draft a really fun jacket…hopefully it turns out. 🙂