Last weekend I went on a sewing binge and did some fun sewing.
Toile Froo Froo
I thought I would use a shortcut and take a major brand pattern company’s bodice pattern for sizing and use that to make this dress. Big mistake. It was way too big. I will have to rip apart the bodice on this little number in order for it to fit Anya. The bodice is too wide and the straps too long so it pretty much falls off of her. I’ll need to fix that…before summer. I have time!
This outfit is a pair of too short 2T Levis that will still fit her in the waist. I turned them into capris and added a ruffle and some rick rack. Then I took a plain Old Navy t-shirt (bought on clearance last Fall) and added the same fabric in a circle applique and added the little flower applique I bought for 50 cents. A cute casual outfit!
Bleu et Verte Chemise (blue and green dress – it seemed to need a fancier name 😉 )
My design…similar to other dresses I have made. It is a fitted dress with a shirred back and lots of ruffles! I actually had some matching ribbon for the little ribbon on the front. A pretty twirly dress.
Mary Engelbert Outfit
This turned out so cute! The fabric on this little number is by Mary Engelbert. A cute red plaid with a coordinating print. It’s a basic peasant top, and I added shirring to the bottom hem to bring it in. The skirt is just a simple ruffle skirt that I designed. Skirts really aren’t too difficult. All you need is some measurements and do some math (addition, subtraction…really not too hard).
Now, I have to work on a project for Craft Apple. I agreed to test sew a car organizer, so I need to get on that! I just really had an urge to make some little girl outfits this weekend, so I put off other things I should have done…like usual. 😉