Pink and black

I love how this turned out!  I am a big fan of pink and black together, so when I got this pink watercolor french terry to sew up I knew what I wanted to make.

This is the pre-order from Fabric Anthropology that closes on November 15.  I paired it with a ponte I got at Joann’s and the top is bamboo lycra from Nature’s Fabrics.

I used the Domi sweatpants from Sofilantjes for the bottoms.  I only had a yard of the pink, so I had to block it up a bit for her height.  I used pretty much every bit of the pink between the top and the scrappy stripes.  I cut long strips 2″ wide and sewed them all together, then topstitched.  Next, I cut out the pattern pieces.  This was a lot easier than cutting up the pattern pieces and doing the strips that way.

I was going for a fun dancey-vibe with the pants with the moto-like look at the knee area, a zippered pocket and a htv design.

I added one of my drawings on with HTV.  The cut file and jpg is in the Google drive folder linked on my sidebar.

The top has a crossover in the front.  I actually ran out of the band length, so it kind of stops in the middle underneath.  Luckily no one can see it. 🙂  When putting together this pattern, you have to partially attach the band to the piece that goes on top, sew up the side seams and then finish attaching the band.  I first attached it all with a zigzag stitch, serged, then topstiched it.   The cuffs on the shirt fold over, kind of like a petal sleeve.  I didn’t really get a good shot of them.

Now…I need to draft a really fun jacket…hopefully it turns out. 🙂

I love to hear comments! Sometimes comments hit my spam, so be patient. I will find it! xoxo