Pretty purple jacket

Here is my last sample piece for the current round open at Fabric Anthropology (whew!  I made 5 this time!).  This is the purple watercolor and it is another very pretty color.  The watercolor feature makes it have some pretty gradients going throughout the print.

I drafted up this jacket and sewed it in about 6 hours.  It went pretty well, only a little time with the seam ripper.

Here are the pattern pieces and it all cut out.  I used the purple french terry, a black scuba suede and a black ponte (last two I bought from Joann’s Fabrics).   

When coming up with ideas and drafting patterns, I generally spend a little time on Pinterest to try to figure out the details I want to include.  This jacket is what sparked this design.  I have a collection of fun clothing details on there that helps give me some inspiration when I go to draft.

The front inside panel is one big pocket.  The back has a facing for the top piece, so that seam across the back is enclosed  I sewed the little belt down to the middle of the back so it wouldn’t flop around at all.

To finish off her outfit, I made a pair of Jalie Eleonore’s with the black scuba suede and a tank top to go underneath out of an Affordable Fabrics and More print I purchased last year.

Now, I finally have some time to work on that choir concert outfit she needs in about a week!

The watercolor solids pre-order closes on November 15, so if you would like it at the reduced prices, don’t delay!

I love to hear comments! Sometimes comments hit my spam, so be patient. I will find it! xoxo