I finally got pictures of this top that I made in late summer. I have shared a picture of the skirt before, but here is a better shot of it.
The shirt is my drape top pattern out of Modern Jersey in my own fabric design. I really like this design, and even put it on a pair of shoes that I purchased from Zazzle.
I kept my top sleeveless, so I can use it in both summer and winter.
The skirt is made out of a nice thick black ponte. It is a bit of a mermaid style skirt with 4 gores and then a waistband.
It was super easy to put together. Just serge the 4 pieces together and add the waistband on it. Everything stretches, so fitting wasn’t an issue. The waistband is a little less than two of the pieces. I kind of eye-balled it and cut it out.
I should have top-stitched the seams down. It is a little irritating. It also isn’t the easiest to walk in, so I want to change where it swoops out to a bit more above the knee. The waistband also flopped over since it was straight up and down. Next time I will use one where it goes in at the waist. This is like the waistband on this skirt.
I have some chambray colored ponte that I plan on making another top/skirt combo. That ponte is much softer and more pliable, so I think it will be pretty comfortable for a skirt.
In the meantime, I have to do a pattern test for Sofilantjes that I am really excited about. I have a SUPER CUTE outfit grouping planned for the girl, and spent too much money on custom fabric for it. She doesn’t know how lucky she is. 😉