I love this print by Zenith & Quasar Fabric. Seriously…LOVE.
The main print is a print of an old map, and the lighter color print has snippets of the sea monsters in the map. Very cool.
Unfortunately, the map print is out of stock right now, and I was lucky enough to snag some for the brief time it was in stock.
The owner of Zenith & Quasar fabric invited me to join in her group for sewing samples, so when I saw she was printing the sea monsters I happily volunteered to sew that one up. I knew they would work so great together.
And they do!
The skirt on this dress needed to be shorter, just to be able to get the skirt parts out of this directional print. I had to fussy cut a bit, which makes me sad due to wasting fabric. I am hoping I can still get a tank top out of the other bits left of the fabric.
This dress is made from the Wardrobe by Me Sneha tunic (shocker, I know).
- Cut the bodice piece 1″ longer
- Cut two skirt pieces
- Cut the bottom skirt 3″ longer than the tunic length
- The inside skirt I cut 1″ narrower on the fold from the waist down
- I used the deep scoop for the neckline (not a modification on that one)
- Added a channel and ties to the side of the top skirt
The ties on the side are a piece of the green knit sewn on the backside of the skirt, with a channel for the tie. I cut the tie 1.5″ wide and sewed it into a tube with the serger. I used this to turn it, and that worked really well. First time using it, and it was a great Christmas gift!
This dress is so very, very comfy with the brushed poly and jersey knit. I think it will be getting a lot of wear this summer. For right now, though…layers!